First of all, I'm very glad to wish you a Happy New Year! It's exactly 5 months now since we've started the program (July 13, 2015), and it was an amazing ride with you, Insiders. As people like to say, we are just getting started! As you might have noticed, we've been keeping silence since the very end of November 2015, and for a good reason. Our top priority goal was to restructure our underlying plugin platform, extract it into a separate package, and move all of our currently available plugins to our new platform.
Well, we've done that! We've also made a few improvements in this first build of 2016, build 5857.11090, though, and I can't wait to tell you about them.
- If you haven't signed up for the Zet Universe Insider Program, start here.
- If you are already have Zet Universe, the build is available now. To get it, you can go to Settings --> Update, and click on "Check Now" button to get it now.
- Total download might range from a few hundred kilobytes up to 10MB, depending on the number of updates you've applied already to your copy of the Zet Universe Insider Preview.
- Once the build is downloaded, Zet Universe will begin the installation. Once it will finish, it will ask you to restart the app.
Notes to existing users:
WHAT'S NEW WITH THE SDK AND NEW PLATFORM?
INTRODUCING ZET UNIVERSE SDK
In the coming months we will publish our SDK library and first code samples to the GitHub, and will make it available for the first Developer Insiders.
WHAT'S NEW IN THE PRODUCT?
Technically, these filters have been introduced in the middle of September, 2015, as it was described in the blog post. However, we've heard from you that you wanted to make more strict searches, and we're glad to deliver the updates to the search experience.
FILTER AND KEYWORD MATCHING
kind:note cortana deep
kind:note cortana +deep
kind:note +cortana +deep
FILTERS AND WILDCARD MATCHING
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
We are still working on the Advanced Search Syntax for Zet Universe, and we would be glad to hear your thoughts on it.
PDF Document Thumbnail Extraction works again after changes introduced in the last year's build.
After loosing connection with the Internet, and then reconnecting to Internet, Zet Universe will crash with a message "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http.Primitives, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." This bug has been fixed as part of the updated January 2016 build, 5857.11090. Please update your Zet Universe to 5857.11090 to get this bug fix.
Dropbox folder isn't shown when trying to add a Dropbox folder to a project - This bug has been fixed as part of the updated January 2016 build, 5857.11090. Please update your Zet Universe to 5857.11090 to get this bug fix.
Zet Universe crashes upon a new file is added to a Dropbox folder that is part of one of the projects in Zet Universe - This bug has been fixed as part of the updated January 2016 build, 5857.11090. Please update your Zet Universe to 5857.11090 to get this bug fix.
Zet Universe identifies and includes partial Chrome and Edge files (while they are being downloaded) into the project files - This bug has been fixed as part of the updated January 2016 build, 5857.11090. Please update your Zet Universe to 5857.11090 to get this bug fix.
SOME OF THE KNOWN BUGS
- Initial Office document upload to the OneDrive folder won't be picked up while Zet Universe is running. Zet Universe will pick up Office files uploaded to OneDrive after restart. This bug is being investigated, but there's no ETA at this point. We are sorry for this bug.
Thank you so much for being with us, for your continued support and participation!
As always please continue to give us feedback, suggestions, and problem reports via the UserVoice forum, use the Zet Universe Insiders Group on Facebook to connect with other Insiders for help and tips on problems you hit.
Daniel and the team