We have a new build releasing today to Zet Universe Insiders – Build 5728.33890. This build is full of improvements to stability and quality as well as some additional UI polish. It also has one great UI feature that you've asked us for.
- If you are new to the Zet Universe Insider Program and haven't installed Zet Universe, yet, please visit the Set Up Your PC webpage to download the latest build's installer.
- Otherwise, as usual, the newest build is available via the magic of Zet Universe Update system, powered by Squirrel for Windows. To get it, you can go to Settings --> Update, and click on "Check Now" button to get it now.
- Total download might range from a few hundred kilobytes up to 12MB, depending on the number of updates you've applied already to your copy of the Zet Universe Insider Preview.
- Once the build is downloaded, Zet Universe will begin the installation. Once it will finish, it will ask you to restart the app.
Starting with this flight, on each application startup as well as upon each kind extraction for new items (files/web pages/etc.), Zet Universe publishes all items to the Semantic Pipeline to a special address, "/Topics/Classifications/Kinds/". Each information processor subscribes to this address in the Pipeline and processes each new item asynchronously. For instance, our new PDF document extraction processor checks each incoming item for its kind, and if its kind is "Document", and it has a corresponding local PDF file, our processor tries to load this file. If succeeded, it extracts both small and large thumbnails of its first page and saves them into our brand new item thumbnail cache (also introduced with this build). Otherwise, it skips the item. The whole process is asynchronous, and each processor works in its own background thread, separating intensive data processing tasks from the user interface.
SOME KNOWN ISSUES
- You can't drop items from other project spaces by using search results... Just yet. Instead, you'll get an error message.
- Zet Universe still doesn't re-connect after waking up if it had no internet connection before the computer went to hibernation.
- There is no UI to change the default file store when multiple file store data sources are added to the project space. Zet Universe will use the first added data source to save files you've added to the project space.
HERE ARE SOME THINGS WE FIXED
- Verbose logging is fixed and should be working as usual in this build.
Daniel and the team