We're rolling out Zet Universe Insider Preview Build 5889.2386 right now to Zet Universe Insiders. As it was said in the previous blog post, since shipping the second (and last) January 2016 build of Zet Universe, we've changed our focus from the Dynamic Ontologies to our storage layer in our effort to scale up Zet Universe. And so, this new February build has a historical significance for us, as it is a first fruit of this effort.
- If you haven't signed up for the Zet Universe Insider Program, start here.
- If you are already have Zet Universe, the build is available now. If your build is older than 5786.2836, grab the full installer. Otherwise, you can go to Settings --> Update, and click on "Check Now" button to get it now.
- Total download might range from a few hundred kilobytes up to 11MB, depending on the number of updates you've applied already to your copy of the Zet Universe Insider Preview.
- Once the build is downloaded, Zet Universe will begin the installation. Once it will finish, it will ask you to restart the app.
- After restarting the app, Zet Universe will show you a "Migration Wizard", asking you for permission to migrate to a new data format. Click "Begin migration", or read this blog post before doing a migration.
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS BUILD?
- It contains a more scalable and efficient data store,
- To continue working with Zet Universe, you need to migrate your existing data to this new format, for which a new built-in migration wizard is provided in this build,
- It uses significantly less amounts of memory,
- It contains a bug fix for connecting Dropbox account.
If you are a new user of Zet Universe, you can just skip reading the rest of this blog post, and install the latest version of Zet Universe right away.
Otherwise, if you are an old user, please read the next part of this blog post. If you want to learn more about the reasons for changing our data store, check our our post on the subject, "Scaling Up Effort".
MIGRATING TO A NEW STORAGE LAYER
During migration, the dialog will show you the progress:
We will bring back more incremental data saves in the upcoming builds.
Thank you so much for being with us, for your continued support and participation!
As always please continue to give us feedback, suggestions, and problem reports via the UserVoice forum, use the Zet Universe Insiders Group on Facebook to connect with other Insiders for help and tips on problems you hit.
Daniel and the team