- Hi everyone,
Our Sticky Notes saga continues, and we are glad to release a new build of Zet Universe Insider Preview today for you - 5771.307181 (we've pushed an updated build since yesterday's 5771.6176). I think you'll like things we've done in this build ;) After getting all the feedback on the Sticky Notes we've introduced lately last week, we've got a bunch of requests on how we could make Sticky Notes more useful to you. Today we are glad to share some of the things we've done...
- you can now resize your Sticky Notes,
- if you've picked up the white background mode, Sticky Note will be transparent when it is not in focus.
- if you start a new sticky note, and write down using stylus, its placeholder text will disappear,
- you can open sticky note's properties using stylus and touch.
To learn more, see screenshots, and join the conversation, click on "Read More".
- If you are new to the Zet Universe Insider Program and haven't installed Zet Universe, yet, please visit the Set Up Your PC webpage to download the latest build's installer.
- Otherwise, as usual, the newest build is available via the magic of Zet Universe Update system, powered by Squirrel for Windows. To get it, you can go to Settings --> Update, and click on "Check Now" button to get it now.
- IMPORTANT: it turns out that if you have too many builds (think you skipped a week or two of updates), the "Update Now" button won't be available to you. Don't worry - you can simply install Zet Universe again by downloading its installer from the Set Up Your PC webpage. This won't break anything, but will give you the latest release available.
- Total download might range from a few hundred kilobytes up to 9MB, depending on the number of updates you've applied already to your copy of the Zet Universe Insider Preview.
- Once the build is downloaded, Zet Universe will begin the installation. Once it will finish, it will ask you to restart the app.
THE SAGA OF STICKY NOTES
You can now resize your sticky notes: although we firmly believe it's important for form to dictate the contents, we also understand that sometimes notes might need more place.
If you didn't type or write anything into your Sticky Note, you'll get a placeholder text reminding you that you've created and put empty Sticky Note in the space - we've heard you: you want to see the content, and leave everything else out. So from now on, the toolbar is no longer shown when you are not editing the sticky note.
IMPORTANT CHANGE TO SELECTION OF ITEMS IN VISUAL CLUSTERS
So, now, if you've selected a few things, and then clicked on one of them, it would be selected, and the rest would be no longer selected.
Oh, this sounds a bit complicated, but trust me, it's really not. :)
In the mean time, try out our new Sticky Notes, learn more about our vision for the Sticky Notes, as well as our updated product plan (check out the "What's Next?" section), and let us know what you want via the Feedback Forum, and use the Facebook group to connect with other Insiders for help and tips on problems you hit.
Thanks for your support!!!
Daniel and the team