I'm happy to announce we're rolling out Build 5714.40076 for you, our Insiders. Like all of the previous preview builds this one comes with bug fixes; unlike others, however, in this build most of the changes are under the hood, as we are preparing the SDK to enable you, our developers, adding custom data sources (like FTP or SharePoint) to Zet Universe. As per the tradition, the build will be available through both the Zet Universe Update System for the PCs already running a previous Zet Universe Insider Preview build, and as the standalone setup application available via the Set Up Your PC web page.
We are continuing to learn and evolve the Zet Universe Insider program as we go, and your feedback is helping us to shape the program as well as Zet Universe itself. Over the past few weeks we heard feedback from you that some wanted explicit support for local folders, while others preferred to have an an option to write own plugins for Zet Universe to access their custom data sources. As we discussed this with some of our top Insiders during the last two weeks, our plans for the product's roadmap have been changed in the sequence of updates to the product's core functionality as well as to the extensibility options.
- In some cases, after selecting several things using the lasso selection, you can't select anything in this project space anymore. This bug has been fixed, and you can now freely use the lasso selection, click on empty space to clear selection, or click on any non-selected item (be that a visual cluster's title, or a generic item), and selection will be cleared. Thanks a lot to our Top Insiders for helping with fixing this bug!
- Keyboard shortcuts don't work when user clicked on the empty space. This bug has been fixed, as well, and you can now use various keyboard shortcuts, including Ctrl+V to paste things, Ctrl+"+" to zoom in, or "Ctrl+"-" to zoom out, and Ctrl+0 to reset zoom to 100%.
- Keyboard shortcut "Del" doesn't work after selecting multiple things using the lasso selection. Again, this bug has been fixed, thanks to an incredible attention of our Top Insiders.
- You can't drop items from other project spaces by using search results... Just yet. Instead, you'll get an error message.
- Zet Universe still doesn't re-connect after waking up if it had no internet connection before the computer went to hibernation.
- There is no UI to change the default file store when multiple file store data sources are added to the project space. Zet Universe will use the first added data source to save files you've added to the project space.
SEVEN FLIGHTS OF ZET UNIVERSE
In comparison, right now we have 209 open issues, and 701 closed, which means that more than 30% of all collected issues and bugs have been obtained via the Zet Universe Insider Program. In other words, your precise attention to the details, your never ending enthusiasm, and your passion are contributing a lot to our product development process, and we are grateful for all you've been doing together with us to make Zet Universe your product.
And for that, THANK YOU!
P.S. Oh, and we are just getting started!
P.P.S. Have questions and comments about this new build of the Zet Universe Insider Preview? Head over to the Zet Universe Insiders group.