Since the release of 5686.35570 we've continued to make steady progress, and although we've been slowed down a bit with all the preparation of our talk on Augmented Intelligence for the RAICamp 2015, we're working to bring you builds each week. Build last week was BIG one for us as well, since new "Unified List & Search" experience was integrated into our flighting branch for the first time. This build, 5693.35720, is built on top of the solid foundation of the last week's one, and is introducing mostly a bunch of user experience improvements, as well as several bug fixes, and, well, new bugs.
We are really excited to tell you that since the beginning of the Insider Program we've got 199 feature requests and bug fixes thanks to your amazing and never ending feedback!
- Just like last time, the newest build is available via the magic of Zet Universe Update system, powered by Squirrel for Windows. To get it, you can go to Settings --> Update, and click on "Check Now" button to get it now.
- Total download might range from a few hundred kilobytes up to 10MB, depending on the number of updates you've applied already to your copy of the Zet Universe Insider Preview.
- Once the build is downloaded, Zet Universe will begin the installation. Once it will finish, it will ask you to restart the app.
HERE'S WHAT'S NEW
HERE ARE SOME THINGS WE FIXED
- You should be able now to add tags (e.g., colored tag, like, or change read/unread status) by doing this action only once.
- Zet Universe will now shutdown per your request (previously, if you asked it to download a few webpages, it would keep running until all webpages have been downloaded).
- Zet Universe now ignores all temporary .tmp files created by Office apps (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and doesn't keep track of them as you work with Office documents (in the past, this aggressive tracking could lead to Zet Universe actually loosing the path to the actual Office document, with no way to open it via Zet Universe user interface).
- Zet Universe should now correctly show the area with only those entities that are pinned when you click on the project space name in the breadcrumb bar (clicking on the project space name in the breadcrumb bar is equivalent to the "Fit All" action).
- Zet Universe should now correctly re-connect after waking up if it had no internet connection before the computer went to sleep.
- Zet Universe should now open files with non-English characters in the file path on the PCs with Region set to "United States", and language page for non-Unicode apps set to "English (US)".
HERE ARE SOME KNOWN ISSUES
- Zet Universe still doesn't re-connect after waking up if it had no internet connection before the computer went to hibernation.
- In some cases, after selecting several things using the lasso selection, you can't select anything in this project space anymore. The workaround is to go up to "Projects" level and then re-open this project space again. Sorry for this bug!
Daniel and the team